Monday, September 26, 2005

BIG HONKING ANNOUNCEMENT!

Holy crap, the weasel done got engaged!

Bwahaha!  She's mine now!

Early Saturday afternoon (Mad's birthday), I proposed marriage to Aprille and, inexplicably, she said yes. I was as nervous as a ... well, weasel, but I did it anyway. Being the geek I am, I couldn't just ask her straight out. When I gave her a birthday card, there was a note inside telling her to seek her fortune in the refrigerator. In the fridge was a fortune cookie. There it said to go find her fat cat. Around Cody's neck was a ribbon with another note saying to play that whole "He loves me, he loves me not" game with a flower. It was supposed to end with "he loves me not" and then I got on my knees and handed her her new kitten which had both the ring and the last flower petal on it, but somewhere the petal fell off and the kitten ran away because I was too nervous to hold him, but I guess it was the thought that counted. So, um, we just wanted you to know. Now if we can just get Dave Barry to perform the ceremony... ;)

Anyway, I can scarely believe it myself. Every so often I find myself saying to myself, "wow... I'm engaged!" and grinning like a goober. But I'm happy and she's happy and this is good. We haven't set any kind of dates yet, or determined the details of where and who and how yet, but it's enough to know it will happen.

Wheeee!

9 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Higgy said...

Way to go, WeaselMan! Extra points for the approach, by the way! Very exciting stuff!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Leetie said...

grinning like a goober

So cool! And a kitten too!
Congrats!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Mad Scientist said...

He is such a wonderful weasel. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I can't believe he wants to spend the rest of his with me. Yipeee!

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, you crazy kids!!!! :)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Mike Weasel said...

*cleans spam off of engagement announcement* Sheesh!

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it as Wow, I'm engorged!!

TMI, dude!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger MeL said...

Yay!! I'm soo excited for y'all!! Way to go Mikey! Ya got ya a good one. :-) And Mad got her a good one too! :-)

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger MrFisher said...

Never too LTTG!

Congratulations you two wild and crazy kiddos!

I'm like, totally stoked!!

Totally!

I hope everyday is better than the last, time you had that awful flu bug and you couldn't get out of bed for weeks and you thought you'd already puked up everything humanly possible, but no, it still keeps coming and coming, and you have the chills and hot flashes all at the same time and you ache all over like a dumptruck backed over you and oh how you wish someone would just come in and bonk you over the head with a #12 skillet and just put you out of your misery.

Or something like that.

Good Luck Lovers!

THE Fish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home