Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back to School

Well, today is the first day of my second semester in my amazing adventures in community college. I'm taking two classes (I don't think I could handle any more while working full time): Drawing II and Graphic Design I. Basically they're slightly advanced versions of the two class I took in the spring (Drawing I and Basic Two-Dimensional Design). Instead of taking these classes at Los Angeles City College which is quite near where I work, I'm taking these at East Los Angeles College which is quite near where I live. LACC didn't offer these classes at the right times or I would have gone there instead. Fortunately they're part of the same community college district so they should all be transferable. It will take forever to get any kind of degree at this rate, but what can you do? Anyway, my first day is tonight after work. Whee!

Saturday, Aprille and I went to go see the Long Beach Blues Festival which took place in a large field on the campus of Cal State Long Beach. It was lots of fun. We got nicely sunburned but we munched on fruit and cheese and other goodies in the grass. It was kind of an early birthday present. A wonderful weekend was had by all.

6 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Mad Scientist said...

The blues festival was the best present ever and I even made weasel dance with me.

As for school don't worry about how long it takes. If it is what you want to do stick with it. Look at how long I have been in school. You will get to your goal sooner than you think.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Mike Weasel said...

*smoochies!*

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Mad said -
I worked all day, went to law school at night, I wasn't a kid anymore, it took a long time, but the payoff was worth it ten times over!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger MrFisher said...

I think that's great Weasely one.

I have been meaning to answer you and tell ya and well everybody the story behind my profile picture. (the drawing to the right------->)

Anyhoo, my wife drew that about 5 years ago when we first got together. We are both quite artsy fartsy, but she is DAMN good. We keep saying to each other- "Hey, you should go back to school and get a degree in something with that"

But we have yet to get that far.

So, hat tip to you for at least taking the first step, it seems to be the hardest. Should all be down hill from here.

Hang in there Captn.!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Mike Weasel said...

Thanks! So ... was it a self-portrait?

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger MrFisher said...

Well Duh......Of course. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home